OSG Announces the Release of A Brand A-Drills!
A Brand is OSG’s premium tooling brand that represents the quality assurance OSG guarantees to each and every customer. A Brand products (A-Drills, A-Taps and A-End Mills) are designed to exceed the evolving manufacturing needs of our customers. The A-Drill series features EXOCARB® AD, ADO, ADO-SUS and ADF. Experience the level of quality, reliability and satisfaction that can only be delivered by OSG’s A Brand tooling master class!
EXOCARB® AD & ADO 2D-30D
The EXOCARB® AD & ADO feature superior point strength with low cutting force are achieved to accommodate a wide range of carbide drilling applications. EgiAs coating constructed with extreme toughness, high wear and heat resistance characteristics ensure stable and consistent tool life. The EXOCARB® ADO offers a coolant-through option for those with coolant capabilities.
AD & ADO Features
- EgiAs Coating for exceptional wear resistance and toughness
- Coolant-Through (ADO) for longer tool life and smooth chip evaluation
- Optimized Drill Geometry For Every Drilling Depth
- Wavy Point Form (2D-8D) reduces thrust and torque while creating smaller more manageable chips
- Straight Point Form (10D-30D) enhances cutting edge strength while reducing cutting forces
- Wide Flutes (2D-8D) facilitates stable chip evacuation
- Middle Margin (8D-30D) improves stability in deep-hole applications
EXOCARB® ADO-SUS 3D & 5D
Work hardening, welding, elongation of cutting chips and poor thermal conductivity are common problems in the machining of stainless steels and titanium alloys. The ADO-SUS is a carbide drill series that employs a unique coolant hole shape and tool geometry to enable efficient drilling in these difficult-to-machine materials.
- Patented "MEGA COOLER" Coolant Holes drastically increase coolant flow, suppressing heat generation and enhancing chip evacuation
- Patented Flute Geometry forms ideal chips for efficient chip evacuation
- Patented Cutting-Edge Geometry reduces work hardening
- WXL Coating provides superior heat and wear resistance for long tool life
EXOCARB® ADF 2D
Machining a flat hole traditionally required the use of an end mill and a drill. The EXOCARB® ADF enables one-step drilling to simplify machining time and tool management. Suitable for a wide variety of drilling applications including inclined surfaces, curved surfaces, counterboring, eccentric holes, thin plates, etc.
- EgiAs Coating for exceptional wear resistance and long tool life
- Wide Flutes for superior chip evacuation
- Balanced Point Form for reduced thrust and improved stability
- Improved Cutting Edge reduces cutting forces and creates smaller chips
Watch our A Brand video on YouTube!